EMMAUS COMMUNITY OF PITTSBURGHJ
Emmaus is a faith-based organization providing permanent homes, non-residential services and advocacy for persons with Intellectual and other Developmental Disabilities
TITLE: Registered Nurse
PRIMARY LOCATION: All Emmaus Homes (South Hills / North Hills)
PRIMARY SCHEDULE: Flexible / Part Time /10-20 per week
START DATE: Immediate
QUALIFICATIONS: Registered nurse with at least two years of nursing experience including dealing with emergency and/or acute medical problems. Two years of experience with IDD and/or geriatric individuals is preferred. Must possess a license as a Registered Nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nurse Examiners. PA Driver’s license, FBI clearance, and criminal background check.
- Ability to work as a team member, and agree to supervision by Director of Intellectual and Developmental Disability Services
- Willingness to carry out mission and support the values of the Emmaus Community
- Work with Emmaus management team to ensure Waiver Compliance, Quality Assurance and Improvement, Incident Prevention and Management, etc.
- Review and maintain accuracy of all medical records for individuals in Emmaus’ homes that reflects timely and appropriate medical care.
- Assist individuals and agency staff to prepare for individual medical appointments when needed. Ensure all medical follow up is completed timely.
- Interpret health care information for agency staff and provide them with training, support, and information to enhance their ability to provide efficient and effective care.
- Offers enhanced in-home support to individuals and staff caring for them after surgery or when returning to the home after a hospitalization.
- Attend staff meetings as needed and participate in discussions of the care, treatment, and progress of individuals with specialized medical needs.
- Conduct regular observations and/or written assessments of the medical conditions of individuals to determine the supports that are required for agency staff to provide appropriate care to the individual.
- Provides direct emergency situational intervention services during various medical crises. This will consist of a combination of direct on-site intervention, phone coordination, contacting and involving other resources, and coordinating crisis decisions with appropriate agency staff. This may involve travel to various sites at variable hours using personal transportation.
- Works with Medication Compliance Coordinator to ensure all required training on medical topics is provided to appropriate staff (CPR/1st Aid / Medication Administration, etc.)
- Provide specialized training to agency staff in areas such as insulin injections, wound care, feeding tubes, administration of oxygen, special diets / nutrition, enemas, etc.
- Act as an advocate for the individual and as a liaison between agency staff and medical professionals in the health care system, as needed.