Become a Direct Support Become a Direct Support Professional at the Emmaus Community of Pittsburgh
Working alongside people with intellectual disabilities is more than a job. It’s a life-changer! With flexible hours and no experience necessary, it’s great for students, retirees, and newcomers to our region.
Starting rates at $12.50 for hirees with a high school diploma, G.E.D., or Associate’s degree; $13.50 for hirees with a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Benefits include: Healthcare (95% employer paid), dental & vision (100% employer paid for family), paid time off (starting at 20 days), short-term and long-term disability, $25,000 life insurance policy, retirement plan, & tuition reimbursement program.
As a Direct Support Professional, you will learn to:
- Enter into respectful and meaningful relationships with people with intellectual disabilities
- Do menu planning, grocery shopping, meal preparation (including special diets)
- Administer medication
- Assist with medical appointments and personal hygiene
- Help develop, carry out, and document goals and implement Individual Support Plans
- Work as a team member, follow directions, and attend staff meetings as required
- Participate in community celebrations such as birthday parties and holidays
- Maintain compliance with all State and County mandated regulations
- Plan and provide residents with opportunities for socialization and recreation both at home and in the community
- Assist residents with money management, and follow strict policies on safeguarding client and agency funds
- Support the values of the Emmaus Community
- College students and graduates encouraged (minimum requirement of HS diploma or GED)
- Driver’s License
- Act 33/34 clearances & FBI clearance
- Physical with Mantoux prior to date of hire
- Experience is helpful, but not required; training is provided
Equal opportunity: Our services and employment are provided in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, sex, color, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, religious creed,
disability and age.
More Emmaus Career Opoortunities
Find the Emmaus Community on Handshake and Indeed.
College students, bring that enthusiasm and passion to work with you at Emmaus. Local professionals, use your experience to improve the community for those with disabilities. We’ll make great use of your abilities!